The United Nations Rome-Based Agencies (RBAs which are The Food and Agriculture Organization – FAO, International Fund for Agriculture Development – IFAD and World Food Programme – WFP) are jointly organizing two side events.
We warmly welcome you to attend the following side events:
China | FAO | IFAD | WFP
Investing in South-South Cooperation for better food security, nutrition and rural transformation: the role and contributions of China and the United Nations Rome-based agencies
When: Wednesday 20 March 2019, 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. (Reception to follow)
Where: Estación Federal, Belisario Roldán 4415 (Bosques de Palermo)
The side-event will be structured around four main areas:
- Introduction and sharing of success stories and case studies coming from the SSTC facilities in FAO and IFAD, financed by China, and the WFP China Centre of Excellence;
- Sharing of RBAs’ and China’s vision on SSTC;
- Discussing how to improve the effectiveness of SSTC, in particular in agriculture and rural development; and
- Explore concrete opportunities for engagement at the country level on SSTC enabled by China.
- Hong Tianyun, Vice Minister, State Council Leading Group of Poverty Alleviation and Development (LGOP), People’s Republic of China
- Qu Dongyu, Vice Minister, Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs, People’s Republic of China
- Cornelia Richter, Vice-President, IFAD
- Roberto Ridolfi, Assistant Director General of Programme Support and Technical Cooperation Department, FAO
- Stanlake Samkange, Senior Director Strategic Coordination and Support, WFP
Elena Bertusi, SSTC Specialist, IFAD: email@example.com
Carola Kenngott, Global Coordinator for SSTC, WFP: firstname.lastname@example.org
Athifa Ali, Programme Officer, FAO: Athifa.Ali@fao.org
FAO | IFAD | WFP
Assessing the contribution of South-South and Triangular Cooperation to development results in agriculture, rural development, food security and nutrition
When: Thursday 21 March 2019| 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
Where: University of Buenos Aires, Faculty of Law, Blue Room
The side-event will deliver the following key messages:
- Assessing ways in which SSTC influences development results in agriculture, rural development, food security and nutrition is key to understanding how it helps countries achieve Agenda 2030 and its sustainable development goals.
- Developing robust methodologies and processes that explore – beyond mere outputs – how SSTC contributes to humanitarian and development results is a crucial component of any results measurement framework.
- The introduction of commonly agreed M&E methods and processes will facilitate the benchmarking of results among the RBAs and with other organizations.
- Evaluating results of SSTC-enabled programmes represents an opportunity for the RBAs to engage with more partners and achieve greater impact on food security and nutrition.
- Shengyao Tang, Director, Office of South-South and Triangular Cooperation, FAO
- Ashwani K. Muthoo, Director, Global Engagement and Multilateral Relations Division, IFAD
- Stephanie Hochstetter, Director of Rome-Based Agencies and Committee of World Food Security, WFP
- Representative from the Brazilian Agency for Cooperation (ABC) (tbd)
- Fernanda Barreto, Programme Coordinator, ILO
Maurizio Navarra, SSTC Specialist, IFAD: email@example.com
Athifa Ali, Programme Officer, FAO: Athifa.firstname.lastname@example.org
Carola Kenngott, Policy Programme Officer – Focal Point for South-South and triangular cooperation, WFP: email@example.com